dark circle & eyebags
eye bags are common and usually not related to just lack of sleep.
we have the thinnest skin around our eyes, so it’s the area that’s most influenced by the inflow and outflow of bodily fluids. seasonal allergies, a cold, a sinus infection are some of the causes that lead to fluid retention under the eye causing puffiness.
other causes are:
1. a dinner heavy with salty food
2. a night of crying while watching a tearjerker movie
fluid retention occurs because of osmosis.
water always travels from other parts of the body tissue where there are low salt concentration to tissues with more salt. that principle holds true whether the salt comes from tears or from soy sauce.
other everyday habits can aggravates are:
1. rubbing your eyes frequently and loosen the membrane holding the tissue fats under the eyes. thus when fluid collects below, the membrane could no longer hold back the fluid filled fat tissue.
2. excessive drinking, can contribute to under-eye bag due to excess fluid in body. that is the reason why kidney patients easily have eye bags due to the inability of the kidney to dispel the fluid as urine.
3. heavy alcohol drinking causes dehydration. that weakens muscles holding the membrane underneath the eyes, making it more likely to sink into a pouch.
4. smoking and exposure to extreme sunlight. smoking reduces oxygen to the body and exposure to UV rays both weaken collagen (skin sponge). thus, cause premature wrinkling and sagging.
there is 2 type of treatment can get rid of these problem:
1. intense pulse light, can help by recreating the collagen matrix to strengthen tissues underneath the eyes.
2. radio frequency technology is a non-invasive technology restore your youthfulness by using radio frequencies. this popular procedure rejuvenates the underlying tissues and stimulates new production of fibroblasts (collagen and elastin).
to get rid of eye bags, step right into our salon and discover the latest solution to great looking eyes.